Friday, June 15, 2012

Graduation




Grace with her favorite brother
My darling AJ graduated from middle school on Wednesday. I couldn't be any prouder of that boy than I am now. AJ gives me so much hope for the future. You see, when AJ was younger the doctors didn't think he would really be OK. He was very sick and frail and delayed in his development. He walked late, He talked late and he played late. He never gave up for one second though and was tough as nails from day one.

Band Director and AJ
He is that kid who hears a challenge in phrases like "That is impossible!" More often then not he proves everyone wrong, including me! He is charming, intelligent, thoughtful, and bright! Anyone who says teenagers are a drag have never met my boy. He. Is. Awesome.
Nani and Bapa with the graduate

He received his diploma, a certificate from band, and an award for keeping a 90 or better average through his time in Middle School. It hasn't been the best year for him with one of his teachers. AJ expects perfection from everyone, including himself, so when the teacher kept loosing assignments he got a little...angry. That is now behind us and we are looking forward to all honors and AP classes next year. Sports and Band are also on the top of the list, and secretly momma is hoping he tried out drama club too.

Proud parents and sister
He really is a star and I have to say, despite his issues he is TRULY one of the MOST amazing kids I have ever had the chance to know. I am so glad he is my boy!
love this boy



According To Denise
cool new link up