Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear 50cent

Apparently 50cent decided that autistic is the new R-word. Someone insulted him on twitter and he thought a valid comeback was "I've seen your picture fool,you look autistic" 

Dear 50cent,
How dare you. As a man whose name is a number and grammatically incorrect you have got some nerve. You as a celebrity have so much power. YOU have an ability to change the world in ways that parents like me could never fathom. What I would give for an audience the size of yours to listen to what I have to say about how wonderful my son with autism is. Instead you took that power and you abused it. You took innocent children like my son and made them a joke. 
I am sure it wasn't your intention to piss off an entire community of people who spend every day fighting against this kind of crap you put out there. I am sure it wasn't your intention to look like an absolute fool. But you did. So before you start throwing around autistic as the new insult, I invite you to spend a day in our life. One day, of meltdowns and tears. Not just his but mine as well. I invite you to come and sit through dinner here and see what we live with. Before you dare use that phrase, understand it. I DARE you. Or are you too afraid to see the truth behind the nasty words you used. 24 Hours in my life 50cent, I am willing to bet you couldn't handle it tough guy.

This is what autistic looks like






.My son is smart, loving, witty, caring, and intelligent.Perhaps you could learn something from him.
Always,
A Very Angry Autism Parent