Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good Choices

 Today is the anniversary of Roe vs Wade and it is no secret that we are very firmly pro life  in every way. 

I can understand the difficult decisions many women face and I don't judge those women in  any way. I feel sad that they were ever in that position. 18 Years ago I found myself in that very position. I was going to start my senior year of high school, I wasn't even 17 yet. I knew a few girls that had gotten abortions in my class. I thought about it for a split second, but I knew it was a baby and I knew I couldn't do it

All these years later I have an amazing boy that is going to very soon be an adult because I chose to have him.

It was the hardest choice I have ever made. It changed the trajectory of my entire life. It hasn't been easy . It has often been unpleasant and brutal and more difficult than I could have ever imagined. 

However, the rewards have been even greater. My son is an amazing kid. I am so unbelievably proud of him and I KNOW without any doubt that I made the right choice. I may not have been able to go to college like I had planned , or join the air force, or even just gone to a graduation party like everyone else my age. But this surpasses all of that in ways you can't possibly imagine.