Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Bunny Baby

Our neighbor's have a cat named Rylie. He is a great hunter. He leaves us mice and bird halves all the time. This is the cat that would scare Chance just by looking at him. Chance doesn't seem too spooked by him these days thankfully! Well tonight I heard my  neighbor yelling for my older kids. I assumed Sammy had gotten out and was having an issue. I knew it was quiet possible that Sammy was just outside ...naked

Turns out the cat caught a bunny. Itty bitty baby bunny. Poor thing is hurt and has some superficial  wounds along its body and its head. It's  the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I didn't know what to do. Then I thought Cat the Dog Officer she will no doubt know what to do. She is awesome! We called the animal control officer but her office was closed. Then the vet down the street that wouldn't touch it because it's wildlife. then MSPCA and then a wildlife rescue. lots of messages and such.

Sammy has fallen in love with the bunny. He was holding it and talking to it. He can be such a ray of total sunshine here. I just hope baby bunny makes it through the night since it will be the first thing Sam looks for in the morning.