Sunday, January 29, 2012

quiet


My mom took Sam and Nate last night. We had planned this for a week so that we could go up to the vocational tournaments this weekend. We obviously aren't going now that Tyler has been hurt and is out for the season. He is thankfully feeling a little better than he was on Wednesday when it happened. But it's just Grace, AJ and Tyler home with us right now and it is so quiet.

It's weird, I feel guilty enjoying the quiet. I have a long list of things I want to get done before they come home tonight. Laundry and vacuuming, reorganizing the playroom and the basement. So many things I want to do, but instead  I am drinking my coffee and writing. I am relaxing. It feels almost sinful to be chilling out when there is so much to do.

Today is my oxygen mask. Today it's about me. Today I get a break from the pull of what autism has done to this family. I don't have to worry about how I say things. Today I can breath. It's about damn time , don't you think?