Monday, February 13, 2012

My Heart Monday

Our run of happy mornings since getting Chance have ended. This morning was rough to start. He did settle down after I put his clothes on. It wasn't nearly as bad as it had been before but were just over one week in.

I try to make his mornings as easy as possible, but he really hates going to school. He fights it all the time. He begs me to home school him. I can't, for both of us , that isn't an option.

It has me thinking, what is it about school that he hates so much? Is it the work? Is it the bus ride? Is it the noise? Is it the smell of the classroom? Is it something I haven't thought of?

Having autism can be pretty tricky for some kids. It's like being a MAC in a PC world. I am sure there are so many little things about the world around him that make no sense. I can put money on it. I can't possibly have thought of everything.

What is it that I am missing? He seems so sad each day he realizes it is a school day. It's like getting up each morning and hating your job, but knowing you have no choice. It breaks my heart to see him struggle like this, at the same time I get it. It's even tougher since I can't actually DO anything about it! I am powerless and frustrated. I feel a lot like Sammy I guess. Damn it why does this have to be so hard?