Monday, September 17, 2012

I did finish

I want to write about this event. I do. I promise I totally will. I still can't seem to wrap my head around everything that went on this weekend. I feel very emotional when I think about it. It could of course just be the pregnancy hormones. I will later today post the pictures and the story. More important than the race, which was so not a race for me, is the people. The thought each of them put behind getting it done and the sheer power of will.

This song got me through mile 8-11 over and over and over...



I want to tell you about being so out of my element I contemplated not showing up.I want to tell you about meeting people I have been following on twitter and feeling like a silly fan girl. I want to tell you about the amazing sense of community I felt, about the runners that stopped to make sure I was ok. I want to tell you about all the amazing people, the tears in my eyes, and my amazing 17 year old son that took every single step with me. I want to tell you about how hard this was and how great it felt. I want to tell you about the oreos...
I am just still too emotional to write too much about it .