Thursday, March 8, 2012

Transitions

Tyler's school has a new SPED director. She seems on the ball and forward thinking. She sent me a link for a transition fair at Taunton High, so I went.

I got a ton of amazing information on what to do for Tyler when it comes to college. I know he seems like he will be fine, but I don't want to assume. I want to set him up for real success. He is qulified for the Autism Division through DDS, and that will alow him to get services after high school. There are services for kids like him that will help him start his own business, get through college, and prepare him for life on his own.  I am suddenly even more excited about Tyler's future. 
There was a time in 7th grade when he was failing everything , and a time in 3rd grade, when I couldn't understand why it was so hard for him. I was so frustrated and scared for him. I was worried he wouldn't be ok. He has grown into such an amazing,strong, thoughtful young man. He is so good at wrestling. He is amazing when it comes to trees.

I found out there are a ton of college services at the local college. I have so much information to go through my head is just spinning!