Friday, March 30, 2012

Not just a Number

The numbers don't really matter to me. i know that must sound horrible. I don't care if one in every 5 or one in every 500000 are affected by it. I just don't...because even one in a million shouldn't happen. I don't know what the current numbers are, I don't care. those numbers scare the crap out of me. Those numbers don't matter... because in my house those numbers are amazing kids!

They are NOT another statistic to make a point. They are NOT a disability, or a cause, or a puzzle. They are my babies.You can't pick them out of a line up. They don 't have a sign flashing above their head. they are simply my boys.






These are both faces of autism. Both amazing , loving, incredible, wonderful boys are on the spectrum ...somewhere



My boys are not just a number. While I may light it up blue at my house, please understand, everyday here is autism awareness day. We live it, we struggle through it. We drown in it and we rise with it. It is in every breath we take because it has always been part of who we are, who we were, and even who we will be someday. It changes the world inside our heads to make us fight a little harder, to love a little deeper, and smile a little brighter. My life and love of my children doesn't change simply because they are part of a statistic. they are not just a number, they too are the face of autism.

So absolutely light it up blue, donate,walk,work and love but know in the long run ; the numbers will never matter... the people do