Wednesday, September 28, 2011

11 months ago



this was Sammy 11 months ago.The night before Halloween. It amazes me how far he has come in less than a year. I keep looking back and wondering  how I didn't realize we were running full steam forward. He has changed so much in just a short 11 months. I wonder what the next year will bring.How will he change? Will he change?
The subtle differences that turned into GIANT leaps the amazing things he can do now. He still can't read. Pushing him results in huge fits and tears. He still can't get dressed by himself. He still cant wipe himself. So many things he CAN'T do

But...
SO many things he CAN
He CAN ride a bike
He CAN climb a tree
He CAN put on his own socks and shoes most days
He CAN tell me he loves me
He CAN improve
HE CAN LEARN
after all he Sam the cookie man and he is amazing


show me the funny and amazing things your kids do and join the link up right here

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great "cans!" Wasn't it just the best when he started telling you he loved you? My son has autism as well and he just started telling me that a couple weeks ago. It's amazing!

    Coming from Love That Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Love that Max! My two favorites are that "he can learn" and "he can tell me he loves me." That last one was HUGE for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful "cans"! And I love a kid who makes a cookie sandwich. Brilliant!

    It's amazing what a difference a year can make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping in guys! its great to meet you all. yes, the first time he told me he loved me I think I cried and confused him. it was the one thing I wanted. the one thing I really craved, and the on thing that really broke my heart that he couldn't do. I feel very blessed most days. He CAN do so much now

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you.It reminds me that people really do read this thing.