Thursday, June 6, 2013

How can it be THURSDAY already

How can it already be Thursday. How did my week fly by this way? Tonight is Tyler's graduation and this week has gone by much like the past 18 years. I can't believe its here. Every time I think about it I get a little more choked up. They aren't sad tears really. They are super happy tears.

I feel so blessed to have had the last 18 years with my boy. Our relationship is changing and I kind of like it. I am enjoying him more. The pressure is gone. I still take time to impart my "wisdom" on him but it just feels different.

I am enjoying this time right now. Every minute really. I will take what I can get, before you know it he will be in another state. I love him so much! I am so proud of him. He told me all about his goals and dreams for the future.  I have to say MY KID ROCKS!

I have the feeling of fleeting moments flying by, of knowing time is short, and of cherishing the moments we do have. I will take whatever I can get and make it worth it. Because, let's be honest, there never is really enough time.

His party is on Sunday at 1pm. My house. If you know where that is you're welcome to come by. We are planning a cookout and then a fire and manhunt after.


The young lady I use to watch is also graduating this weekend. I can't stand it! She has grown into the kind of young woman I want my girls to be. The right amount of sass and soft, intelligence and silliness, poise and whatever the opposite of that is!

So to all the graduates this weekend
Enjoy it. You only get to graduate high school and be 18 once. Live it up and be safe. Chase your dreams! And on your road of life remember those who have been there for you, those that love you, and those that taught you. Everyone else , shake from your shoes and move on