Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Field Day 2013

Today Sammy had field day. His temporary school location is beside a giant park. I love the location with the exception of the nightmare that is parking for events.

Today was field day and I took Nate, Grace, and Evie with some help from Tyler to cheer on Sammy and have lunch with him. His friends all sat with us for lunch and I really enjoyed their company. We all played Simon Says and talked about the weaknesses of different Super Heroes.

It was really beautiful ( by my standards) and I enjoyed the warm. I wore Evie and brought our umbrella stroller for Grace. Nate was super well behaved and so was Grace. They played on the playground with Tyler while I hung out with Sam and his friends for a bit. They came and watched some of the games and it was just a great time.

The para that worked with Sammy on the MCAS this year came over to make sure I knew how proud of him she was. She told me that he dd a great job and really worked to the best of his ability and then some. It's nice to hear good news sometimes.

Team sports are hard for Sammy. I can still see how difficult it is when I look at some of the photos. you know the ones where he is facing the opposite direction everyone else is, or when he just looks confused. Then Something awesome happened while he played hockey. He got into the thick fof things and shot the puck 3 or four times. It was so cool. in fact I was so excited I forgot to take a picture. he also shot 2 baskets!


So much has changed in the last few years. This is Sam and the little neighbor girl a few years back



and this is them now.


Time flies doesn't it