Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIN!

Every year Sammy has a party and no one comes. Every year he doesn't get to invite friends because I drop the ball and forget to send out invites to people for him. This year it might be different. If no one comes it might make me sad though.  This year I remembered to send invites to ESY with him. YAY

I WIN


Being autistic isn't easy for Sam. there are so many people who just don't get it. People are ignorant and think that because they see it from the outside , they know better.  While there are so many people in the world like that I try to just ignore the stupidity. I smile and speak calmly and walk away. Because, those of us in the trenches know differently, don't we.

It's hard for Sammy to make friends but it seems we have hit the proverbial jackpot with this homeschool group we have joined. Two specific boys, both spectrum kids, and a mom who really gets it. What a blessing. Sam also made a friend at ESY this year.

It seems that this year he might truly have friends at his birthday party.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I hope they come.