Monday, February 18, 2013

States

When you have a child it's like being given a giant book with millions of pages. It seems almost impossible to read through it, it feels like getting to the end will take forever. Then BOOM suddenly you're at the end of the book staring down the barrel of an entirely new book. That's the way it goes.



Tyler leaves tomorrow for states. He didn't do as well at sectionals as we had hoped and it was incredibly heartbreaking for all of us. I spent most of the day bursting into tears, especially when I realized that this would be the last time I saw him wrestle. He goes to states as an alternate tomorrow. If anyone in his divisional weight class cannot wrestle he does. I physically cannot make it there to watch him. With my due date just 9 days away I am nearly unable to walk by noon most days thanks to SPD.

In a few short weeks he will be 18. Shortly after that he could be moving away for a job out of state. he wants to join the military after that in wrestle there. He wants to spread his wings and that amazes me.
He amazes me. His lack of fear, his fresh look at the world, his youth... it's all so incredible. I have raised an amazing young man that I am so proud to call my son. Despite every single screw up I have ever made, despite the drama of his early years. Despite being a teen mom, he turned out OK.

So many chapters are closing for Tyler this year. So many opportunities are waiting for him. I can't wait to see what the next 18 years brings him.