Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Finishing Touches

Years ago I taught myself to knit by watching videos on you tube. I had just started cloth diapering Sammy because he was allergic to the chemicals in every single disposable diaper on the market. We found he hated most traditional diaper covers because they made noise. My only option was to use wool covers. Great! one problem, they are crazy expensive. One cover can go for upwards of 30 or 40  dollars and that was a used soaker, not pants or shorts and not anything really cute. So out of pure necessity I learned to knit and made covers. I bought wool sweaters and made covers. I became addicted to making these fluffy little cover things for my babies. I have made a set for each baby since learning to knit. I just finished Squish's set so he/she can come whenever now.