Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thrift

January 13, 2013

Today is the thirteenth. I love that number. I was born on a 13 and so was my second boy! It's always been super lucky for me so No fear there at all.

I  went grocery shopping in under an hour (it was crazy in Market Basket)My family will eat this week 3 meals and 2 snacks each day for under 100$. I spent my day setting things up for the week. I baked a bunch of stuff for Sammy's snacks for the week.  I packaged my Bone broth I made in gallon freezer bags (with help from AJ). I made dinner. I made a menu. I am so glad that I have the ability to do this for my family. My husband works so hard to make ends meet, I feel bad sometimes. This is my contribution to our house.

I don't want the kids to ever feel like they miss out on things simply because we don't have a ton of money. So I make it work.

I make my own bread (thank you MMIL for the bread maker)
I make all of our snacks, cookies, cakes, and treats.
I reuse what I can.
I cook in bulk to save me time and energy.
We don't eat a ton of meat in our house. I Love it, don't get me wrong but I think as Americans we tend to go overboard on that stuff.
No one complains really. Though I would really love a good thick juicy steak sometimes.

I work hard to be as thrifty as I am and I really feel like it is one of the gifts God has given me. It makes me feel blessed to be able to bless my family like this.