Thursday, July 5, 2012

Triggers, Tears, and Blessings

There are those moments in your head when everything swims around like stirred soup. Like soup it settles after a time. I am up late at work and spending time reading other blogs. It's like playing leap frog, from one blog that links another blog, then another. Some are great and so well written and still others I skip over quickly. I ended up on blogs tonight of families that lost babies.

I know better than to read these things. I KNOW BETTER... but I read on anyway. Somewhere inside I hope that somehow I can desensitize myself enough so that if it happens I won't break.  I always end up in tears begging God to not take my babies.I know, that should it happen, there is nothing anyone can do to make it not hurt.  I know better than to think of these things , especially when I am pregnant.

But it places things into perspective for me. It reminds me of how lucky I am to hold and touch and kiss my challenges.
It puts into perspective how blessed I am to be breaking up fights between Sammy and Nate. That when Nate has woken me up from my nap 134,543,345,345 times, that I am lucky that he wants just one more kiss from mamma. It takes the frustration I feel over curfew arguments and dating rules and reminds me I am blessed. My kids may forget to do their laundry and have messy rooms... but they are here. So for today the dishes can stay in the dishwasher and the laundry can wrinkle alone in the dryer. I am going to hug my kids and love them today. I am going to count my blessings and carry my crosses, because heaven knows...






I am blessed