Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's about time

All we needed was one night of no hitting. One night without death threats and other such yuck.
Sammy did it! YAY. I am so happy. He did start to slip up at one point and I warned him. I always remind him the same way with "Are you earning? It's your decision. Breath and think" and for the very first time ever in his entire life. EVER. he stopped and thought about it (I don't know if he was actually thinking or just acting the part) and repeated " I am earning" What an amazing moment! I don't think I have been this happy since the day he spoke the first time.


This was huge, tremendous,incredible,amazing and all of those wonderful words one can think about! I am so proud of Sammy. He did watch the movie (Gnomio and Juliette) Thank you Tess for Netflicks!
When I told him I was making popcorn he said he didn't believe me because he couldn't smell it. I brought him over to the cast iron pan it was cooking in and showed him. We had a wonderful snuggle and hug while we waited for it to pop.

Moments like this are such a breath of fresh air. It's like that first kind of warm sunny day after the winter when you get to open your windows and let the fresh air in. yeah that.